Thursday, July 17, 2008

World's Oldest Blogger Logs Off for Good

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/msanto/One-Offs%202008/OliveRiley.jpg

A 108-year-old (yes, you read that correctly) Australian woman, reportedly the world's oldest blogger, has passed away in Woy Woy (which is about 50 miles north of Sydney).

Olive Riley began blogging in February of 2007. Her blog, The Life of Riley, drew an international audience, but a temporary blog, The World's Oldest Blogger, was created earlier this year as Riley's health began to fail.

Her last post was on 6/26, a week after she moved into a nursing home. It said, in part:
Hello, dear friends everywhere.

I can't believe I've been here in this nursing home for more than a week. How the days have flown, even though I've been in bed most of the time. I still feel weak, and can't shake off that bad cough.

I've never been treated so well in all my life. The nurses can't do enough for me. Ask them for anything, and they are only too happy to provide it.
Besides her blog, Riley became a hit with the songs she sang, posted to YouTube.

Riley passed away Saturday, at her nursing home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin